▪ The Fall Schedule must be changed again because as it turns out we will indeed be open on Dec. 21st.
▪ OmniUpdate is getting closer, but we haven't been granted access yet
▪ The ULMLWPC will have a meeting on Wed. Dec. 12th, 2012 ay 11:30am in the Passman Room. Here is an agenda:
a. project time frame options
II. EBSCO Discovery Service
a. search box for old/new home page
b. EZproxy time frame?
c. other customization options
III. Integrating the ulm.edu/~name sub-directories
b. The reference and Gov Docs sub-directories
IV. Speculative re-design ideas
a. The new ULM.edu template, general
b. reducing & combining pages and links
1) Usage statisticsV. Other
Thursday, December 6, 2012
- During the Thanksgiving break, the hours were changed for the holiday and then back to normal. The Fall Schedule has been changed also to show that we will be closed and not open on Friday the 21st after all.
- The outlook for the library's STAP grant proposal to upgrade EZproxy is looking good, but it's not over yet. Grants will not be decided upon until Dec. 7th.
- If we get the grant, it will be possible to use EBSCO Discovery Service more often because then it'll work off campus. How we decide to integrate it into the site will change how the site is used.
- OmniUpdate is getting closer, and has been deployed on the home page and other pages like Residential Life. Because the library's website is more complicated that others, it and other like it haven't been changed over yet, and I haven't been given an OmniUpdate account yet. I have been thinking about how the library website will be set up, including making a few demo pages based on the new site template.
- Here is a very basic one:
- And a plain HTML page with a working EDS search box:
- Unless there any any objections, a ULMLWPC meeting will be held on Mon., Jan. 14 at 10 am to discuss the upcoming re-design. Location TBA.