- Yesterday the Computing Center added MarketLine Advantage to our EZproxy. I've change the link on the website and removed Datamonitor 360. Here is the URL: http://ezproxy.ulm.edu:2048/login?url=http://advantage.marketline.com
- News about this has been added to the blog and home page
- Last week, I added some Records Management things to the Special Collections/Archives page for CR
- There is still one more to be added, Counseling and Therapy in Video
- I am now working on a STAP grant and working with CR and the Computing Center to find a way to fix the ongoing EZproxy problem.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
Since last time...
- The Fall Break hours were shown on the home page, and returned to normal after break
- Added direct links to ULM's Louisiana Digital Library collections on the Special Collections/Archives page
- Investigated EBSCO Discovery Service; assessments sent via email. Bottom line: EDS handles off-campus access better because it knows when you've connected to both EZ Proxies and puts them together for you, which EBSCOhost will not, but that doesn't solve our EZ Proxy problem. EDS doesn't allow users to see what databases are connected before a search. Since those connections can have errors, we need to see those.
- Found and report some errors in LOUIS' off-campus database list. LOUIS has fixed them
- Note: DS has given me (KN) the ability to open incident reports in LOUIS footprints.
- A request to the Computing Center to set up MarketLine Advantage to work on EZ Proxy instead of Datamonitor 360, which it has replaced, has been sent; no word yet on when it will be done.
- Idea: When the ULM website is redone, will anyone archive the old one? Should the library?
Monday, October 1, 2012
- With help from CR, made individual banner art for ULM's
Louisiana digital library entries. I also found individual links to
Edna Tiny Tarbutton Collection
Northeast Louisiana Historic Images Collection
Griffin 1932 Flood Collection
I'll probably add these links to the Special Collections page soon.
- Thanks to MW, fixed error in hours box on home page
- Improved Floor Plan to have a Library Locations List similar to those made for print on the elevator windows. This directory will be linked to from the catalog after CH adds it. It was his idea to do this, because another library has a directory linked in its catalog to help patrons find books.
- Also improved the appearance of the Floor Plan so that it is larger, has clearer font, and updated it to show new library offices. Also made new PDF version.
- Removed more instances of Classical Music Library
- This weekend, tested off-campus access to DBs including EBSCO Discovery Service. I'll have more to say about EDS soon.