As some of you may know, ULM will be switching to a CMS and re-designing its website. He is a sumarry of what we know:
All of the ULM website will be redesigned to fit a standard template
- Will use a Content Management System called "OmniUpdate"
- Must be implemented by the end of Spring 2013
- This is generally a good thing
- Each dept. will be able to access and edit its pages
- Rob Glaze in charge; he is affable and fair
What we need to do:
- Some pages are OK to go on the site as-is
- Others will need re-arranged
- Others should be deleted (based on needs and usage stats)
- Rob Glaze is already aware that our website is special and will talk with me/us about it
- How will each reference librarian access the site?
- Will we be allowed to use reference librarian faculty pages? (ex: ulm.edu/~lowe/ )
- Will each librarian be able to access the library site or a sub-domain of it?
- What will happen to the http://www.ulm.edu/govdocs/ and http://www.ulm.edu/reference/ domains?
- Should Moodle be used in addition to (or even instead of) the library site for storing class materials?