Meeting on April 29th, 2013, 10am
In attendance: KN, CH, ML, LJ, CR
Due to lateness of KN, a fire alarm evacuation, and computer equipment failure, the meeting was loose and relatively brief.
- KN explained what working with OU is like and showed some page examples
- The amount of access ref. librarians will get on the new site is still unknown, KN says
- The future use of EDS and the catalog was discussed
- ML said she would start a ref. dept. meeting to discuss the ref. dept. pages and content (she did)
- Other ideas for re-doing content on the new site were discussed
- Deadline set as June 1 [not true anymore-- it will be much sooner after the semester ends --KN]
KN has been working on various pages for the new site. Here is the developing site (only works on campus):
And some extra home pages:
the ACM Digital Library has been tested and it works off-campus. It's status and name (formerly just "ACM") has been changed on the site. News of this has been placed on the blog.
Now all of the DBs we have which are supposed to work off campus do work off campus!
The new site will probably go live after the end of the semester. The plan is for KN to set up the main pages to work, and the ref. dept. can prepare its instructional content next.
Still no certain word from the CC on how/if ref. librarians will be allowed access to the new site. KN plans to no longer use ulm.edu/~name directories or the ulm.edu/~govdoc directory