- The Fall Break hours were shown on the home page, and returned to normal after break
- Added direct links to ULM's Louisiana Digital Library collections on the Special Collections/Archives page
- Investigated EBSCO Discovery Service; assessments sent via email. Bottom line: EDS handles off-campus access better because it knows when you've connected to both EZ Proxies and puts them together for you, which EBSCOhost will not, but that doesn't solve our EZ Proxy problem. EDS doesn't allow users to see what databases are connected before a search. Since those connections can have errors, we need to see those.
- Found and report some errors in LOUIS' off-campus database list. LOUIS has fixed them
- Note: DS has given me (KN) the ability to open incident reports in LOUIS footprints.
- A request to the Computing Center to set up MarketLine Advantage to work on EZ Proxy instead of Datamonitor 360, which it has replaced, has been sent; no word yet on when it will be done.
- Idea: When the ULM website is redone, will anyone archive the old one? Should the library?
Monday, October 8, 2012
Hours, EDS, EZ Proxy
Since last time...